Francis McGuire and Being Un-Retired
In This Episode
- Francis talks about curiosity, the fear of boredom, and the connection between career and sense of belonging.
- Don and Francis critique the expectation of seniors to retire at a certain age.
- Don explains why he considers himself to be an intern.
- Francis talks about the need to modify your lifestyle as you age.
- The two talk about the networking capabilities of older workers vs. millennials.
President, Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Francis was the former President and CEO of Major Drilling Group International Inc. until he retired in 2015.
- He re-entered the workforce in 2017 when he assumed the position of President of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA).
- Francis was the Chair of the Wallace McCain Institute for Business Leadership at UNB, and is a member of the New Brunswick Business Council.